- We would love to integrate your MailChimp account with your website or landing page.
- Once we have set up this integration for you, your website visitors will be automatically subscribed to your Mailchimp autoresponder from any form on your site e.g your checkout page or popup or comment form.
- Sounds cool right? Before we start, let`s learn a little more about how Mailchimp is set up.
- Mailchimp accounts have up to five levels of access available for users: Viewer, Author, Manager, Admin, and Owner.
- Both the Owner and Admin can invite other users to join, and they can assign user levels.
- Your pricing plan determines the number of seats and levels of access available to you.
- In this short article, you'll learn the differences among user levels and how to grant us temporary access to your account.
What Are The Available Mailchimp User levels?
The Owner serves as the primary contact for the account. Owners can perform all actions in the account, including inviting new users, editing billing information, and closing the account.
The Admin has the same permissions as the Owner.
The Manager can create and send campaigns, import audiences, and view reports, but can't view billing information, export audiences, or close the account.
The Author can create, edit, and delete campaigns and templates, and view reports.
The Viewer can view reports in the account.
How To Grant Us Access To Your Account
- The Account users page displays the names, usernames, and user levels for everyone with access to your Mailchimp account.
- From this page, you can revoke access, view pending account invitations, and re-send or cancel invitation emails.
- You can invite up to 5 new account users in a 24 hour period.
- To grant us account access please follow these steps.
Click your profile icon and choose Account.
Click the Settings drop-down menu and choose Users.
- Click Invite A User.
- Input this email address firstname.lastname@example.org and choose an option under User type.
- We recommend that you add as a Manager or Admin of your account. As a Manager of your account, we will be able to access the settings and data that enable us to integrate the account with your website. We will not be able to view your billing information, export audiences, or close the account.
- Optionally, you can add a message to share instructions or other information with us.
- Click Send Invite.
- The email invitation asks us to join your account under the user level you selected.
- We will be able to create a new username and password for our own login or login with our existing Mailchimp account.
- Sharing this access with us is safe and we will use this privilege for the sole purpose of integrating your account with your website/landing page.
- However, if you would want more protection for your account, we recommend that you add two-factor authentication to your Mailchimp account with Google Authenticator.